Caring for your back at home, is just as important as your scheduled chiropractic appointment, for the health and wellness of your spine! Below are some ways you can help yourself, between adjustments.
By having a healthy life style you can help to reduce inflammation, stress and pressures on your body. Lets see what you can implement in your life below:
- Sleep on your side, with a pillow between your legs to support your pelvis and spine
- Use the correct height pillow for optimal neck support and positioning
- Try to get approx. 7-8 hours of sleep per night, with a healthy sleep routine.
- Drinking plenty of water
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, have them for snacks between meals
- Enjoy a wide variety of foods, and have a balanced plate for dinner.
- Try to get 10,000 steps per day to keep your body moving
- Involve yourself in a few high intensity hours of exercise per week to get the heart rate up and the blood pumping
- If you are feeling sore, or feeling like you have tight muscles, try involving a stretching routine into your day.
- It is important to keep your stress levels low, to help with your posture as high stress levels and anxiety can cause you to have poor posture and very tight muscles.
- Try doing a meditation or some light yoga, not only for your brain, but for your body!
- Keeping your core strong will assist with keeping your spine healthy.
- Try completing some breathing exercises and core exercises every couple days.
- Dr Paul has different exercises on the glass board in the clinic each month- check them out next time you’re in!’
If we can help in any way with your spinal health, back pain or nutrition needs, please call on 9887 4144 to book an appointment, or alternatively you can book online here.