Back Your Inner Athlete
Globally, around 31% of adults aged 15 and over were insufficiently active in 2008 (men 28% and women 34%). Approximately 3.2 million deaths each year are attributable to insufficient physical activity (World Health Organization)
While your chiropractor can't be there 24/7 correcting your posture, the new CAA Back App can! Designed to act as ‘Your Pocket Chiropractor', the app incorporates alerts and augmented reality to help you improve your spinal health, and 'Back Your Inner Athlete'.
The 2016 CAA national spinal health week campaign will focus on how one can perform and live better by backing their inner athlete through the following three areas:
- Reducing pain - Back pain can result from injury, spinal abnormalities, degenerative conditions and even poor posture – all of which can prevent you from backing your inner athlete
- Improving posture - Posture is the position in which we hold our bodies while standing, sitting, or lying down. Your posture directly affects your health.
- Improving performance - By placing importance on good spinal health and function, alleviating pain, improving posture and mobility, and living a healthy lifestyle, one can improve performance in life.
Features of the App:
- Posture reminder: The CAA Back App will have an in-built reminder function, encouraging you to 'sit right', take breaks, drink water and manage your posture so that you can stay healthy and ‘Back Your Inner Athlete’.
- Posture Tips and News: The CAA Back App educates you with important tips and news on reducing pain, improving posture, good spinal function and a healthy lifestyle, which can activate performance and help you 'Back Your Inner Athlete'.
- Augmented Reality: The CAA Back App will be able to augment reality on three educational Spinal Health Week postcards, providing you with 3D illustration of how to improve your posture at work, outdoors or while using digital devices.
Download the free CAA back app by visiting www.backyourinnerathlete.com.au or go to the App Store on your iPhone and choose CAA Back App to download